Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Favorited: Matin Zad | Photographer



For my academy, but also in my spare time, i am always looking for new images. New inspirations that give me new ideas for my own styling projects.
So a few days ago i came across the work of Matin Zad. He’s a photographer living in New York City and has just graduated form the School of Visual Arts.
You know sometimes when you see something new and you immediately recognize yourself in it or think ,this is what i’ve been looking for’? I had a moment like this.
For some reason i can look at every picture for about 10 minutes, and not get bored. It fascinates me how he visualizes the models, but also how he plays with compositions, shapes, movements and postures. He barely shows the faces of his models full frontal, he barely shows them at all, but i love that. It makes you look at the picture in a different way. At least, it makes me look at it differently.
Lately i have been doing a lot of research on styling and photography and his work really relates to my new ideas with photography.
Matin Zad, definitely one to be followed!

Don’t forget to take a look at his website, where you can see all of his work!

No comments:

Post a Comment